It all began when Raul, an entrepreneur from Quito, Ecuador, and I (Kirsten), a missionary from a small town in the heart of Nebraska met and fell in love with each other while I was volunteering in Ecuador. As we were getting to know each other, Raul introduced me to the art and beauty of textile blankets crafted by indigenous families from the city of Otavalo in the highlands of Ecuador. We purchased our first blanket together as friends and as our relationship evolved, that blanket became the perfect element to our relationship and life. These blankets have been part of our lives through many adventurous journeys to quiet cozy evenings in.
Beyond Borders Collective was founded in Ecuador in 2017, and our small operation was moved to Nebraska in 2018 with only a few blankets in hand (twelve to be precise) and a heart full of dreams, our journey was about to begin. In 2020, the business started to flourish due to the major growth that the eCommerce market experienced during the pandemic.
Finally, in August 2020, we decided to take the risk and moved to Kansas City, with hopes of expanding our brand and operations. Today, we are proud to say that Kansas City is our home.
Every product is created with the purpose of empowering and dignifying the hard work these artisans from around the world put into creating their products and the value that it brings to the final customer, as well as to bridge the gap between cultures.
We believe that it’s all about the simple things and our desire is for everyone to experience the quality and value of each product and the people behind it. (Read more HERE)
“Our goal is for everyone to enjoy being wrapped with the expression and richness of culture, warmth, and soft goodness. Together, we are bringing a touch of culture, a feeling of home wherever we are, and the experience of empowering others.”
Raul + Kirsten
Beyond Borders Collective
TOUCH. FEEL. EXPERIENCE.
WHAT SEPARATES US FROM THE AVERAGE BLANKET OR THROW.
- We’re an ethical brand, empowering and creating a positive impact is the heartbeat behind everything we do. From our partnership with the artisans who create our blankets to the partnerships we have with other small businesses around the globe. We believe in thriving as a team and family, not on our own.
- Every time you purchase #MyBBblanket you are not only supporting our small business but the economy of our world-wide creators by keeping our partnerships strong and sustainable.
- Every blanket the artisans create begins with the inspiration of nature and their Andean heritage embodied in each design to represent the uniqueness of their roots. Once that is perfected, they bring their inspirations to life! With some hands-on details to enhance their final product, they create a blanket that accents your life with its extraordinary design and value. Crafted to be durable and easy to care for.
- We work hard with the artisans to create and provide unique/exclusive designs and color schemes for our customers and retailers. With this, we strive for things to be done with excellence, quality, and care.
- Beyond Borders Collective makes all efforts to use eco-friendly fibers and materials whenever possible. (READ MORE)
- We believe that bridging the gaps between cultures and bringing connection through our products is the one thing that separates us from the average blanket or throw. Giving our customers the experience of engaging with different cultures and people from the Andes and beyond by using our products to bring life to their space, adventures, and memorable moments is what we hope for.